Bituthene® 3000 and Bituthene Low Temperature
Bituthene® 3000 and Bituthene Low Temperature are self-adhesive, rubberized asphalt/polyethylene waterproofing membranes used in basements and sub-structures, ideal for waterproofing concrete, masonry and wood surfaces where in-service temperatures do not exceed 130°F (54°C). Bituthene® 3000 and Bituthene Low Temperature can be applied to foundation walls, tunnels, earth sheltered structures and split slab construction, both above and below grade.
Bituthene is 1⁄16 in. (1.5 mm) thick, 3 ft (0.9 m) wide and 66.7 ft (20 m) long and is supplied in rolls. It is unrolled sticky side down onto concrete slabs or applied onto vertical concrete faces primed with Bituthene Primer WP-3000, Primer B2 or Primer B2 LVC. Continuity is achieved by overlapping a minimum 2 in. (50 mm) and firmly rolling the joint.
- Waterproof: high hydrostatic head resistance
- Cross laminated film provides dimensional stability, high tear strength, puncture and impact resistance
- Cold applied: no flame hazard; self-adhesive overlaps to ensure continuity
- Chemically resistant: provides effective external protection against aggressive soils and ground water
- Flexible: accommodates minor settlement and shrinkage movement
- Controlled thickness: factory-made sheet ensures constant, non-variable site application
- Wide application window: between 25°F (-4°C) and 60°F (16°C) for Bituthene Low Temperature surface and ambient temperatures / 40°F (5°C) or above for Bituthene 3000
- Extremely flexible: capable of bridging shrinkage cracks in the concrete and accommodating movement for the duration of the structure's service life