Cinder Block Wall Straightening in Chicagoland
Block Wall Straightening Specifications
- Temporarily install shoring to support structure.
- Excavate exterior from grade to footing.
- Hydraulically jack and straighten wall as possible.
- Reinforce wall approximately every 4th block using 3/8" steel rebar grout with cement mix every forth block hollow.
- Clean wall exterior and patch damaged blocks as needed. Apply asphaltic waterproofing membrane. Cover with 6 mil polyethylene sheeting for protection during backfill. Tuckpointing, if needed, at additional cost.
- Install new 4" plastic perforated outside drain tile. Connect to existing interior drain tile, if required, at additional cost.
- Backfill with stone within 24" of grade. Backfill remaining area with excavated material to within approximately 6" of original grade and rough grade. Topsoil to be provided and placed by others.
- Haul away debris.
- No relandscaping work is included unless specified in writing elsewhere.