Beam and Column Repair
Beam and Column Structural Repair
Rotting wood columns or rusting steel columns are a major concern for the structral integrity of your home. If left alone, these problems will worsen, causing a lack of structural support for your home. Signs of these potentially dangerous issues are not always obvious, and can include:
- Uneven floors
- Warped floorboards
- Cracks in drywall
- Door Frames leaning or doors sticking
Problems With Structural Columns
Needing beam and column structural repair in not an uncommon problem for many older homes with outdated and weather worn structural support systems. You columns are deteriarating because of a number of factors, including:
- Wood columns that absorb moisture and rot at the base
- The existing stone or concrete piers can fail and sink
- Non-engineered columns and piers cannot support the loads above
Your home needs structural repair. What now?
Call Atlas Restoration to determine to extent of damage and determine the right structural repair solution. Our experts can repair the beams and columns that support your home. There is no need to wait for warmer weather as beam and column structural repair can be done even in the Winter months.
- The wood beam is temporarily shored to remove the load off of the existing column(s). Now the floors can be brought back up to their appropriate level utilizing a series of hydraulic jacks manifolded together.
- The columns and piers are then removed.
- New piers are formed and poured.
- 3 ½” Schedule 40 steel columns are installed on the piers and adjusted to their appropriate height using adjustable 100 ton screw jacks.
- Once the beam load has been transferred to the new steel columns, the temporary shoring is removed and the work site is thoroughly cleaned.